SRE (Site Reliability Engineer)
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. They implement the best production engineering and security practices.
To reinvent an industry, you must build the best team, and that is exactly what we are doing!
Are you passionate about solving great challenges through technology? If you are excited about shaping the future of technology, please keep reading, you are going to love this.
We are looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing. Are you passionate about massive scalability and making our excellent technology available in international markets? Do you want to make meaningful contributions to Smart Protection’s success?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to talk with you. We believe that people are of the most important assets to Smart Protection and because of that, we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
The schedule? Pretty flexible, just get done with all you have to do, go home and relax (we will need you back the next day, we go all in...)
What You Will Do
- The mission is to protect, provide for, and progress the software and systems behind all of Smart Protection services with an ever-watchful eye on their availability, latency, performance, and capacity.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle for services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and optimization. Assist teams in their software: systems, design, and services.
- Audit and ensure the integrity of software architecture supports the quality and reliability for a scalable deployment.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Ensure that the architecture and design of the management software can be deployed and managed at scale worldwide.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
What You Will Need
- Love working on a team where you constantly learn, experiment, and iterate quickly.
- Have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Expert understanding of Linux systems and services.
- Advanced practical Public Cloud experience with either AWS.
- Great knowledge of various aspects of service design: including messaging protocols & behavior, caching strategies, and software design practices.
- Be familiar with and have practically applied shell scripting and at least one higher-level language (preferably Python or Go) to real-world problems.
- Ability to adapt and focus on the simplest, most efficient & reliable solutions.
- Automation mindset: IaC (Terraform, Cloudformation), Pipelines as Code (Jenkinsfiles,GitOps, FluxCD, ArgoCD).
- Expertise with containers (Docker) and their orchestration (Kubernetes, ECS, Helm...)
- You’re passionate about what you do and embrace diversity and humbleness.
- You can give feedback freely and accept it graciously.
- Solid knowledge in observability tools with solutions like ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, InfluxDB, Telegraf, Datadog and own aws cloud tools cloudwatch insights, X-ray traces, logs.
What do we offer?
- A continuously growing Spanish scale-up within a global playing field
23 different nationalities within an ambitious and always smiling team
- A lot of learning and development opportunities within a dynamic tech company in the purest Silicon Valley-style and regular online training with our Smart Campus.
- The possibility of making a serious impact on our product
- The opportunity to execute and implement your own ideas and initiatives
Remote friendly enviroment
Flexible schedule around 09:00 to 18:00 from Monday to Thursday and on Friday around 09:00 - 15:00, also remote work from home.
- And of course, a competitive salary
What’s it like to work at Smart Protection:
- Smart Protection is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- If you want to grow professionally and personally, meet new people, learn from the best professionals and work in a Spanish scaleup with clients all over the world, then we are waiting for you!
- Flexible remuneration: restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare, and childcare.
- All the gear you need.
- Regular fun team events.
- And last but not least...free coffee, fruits & tea!
If you want to grow professionally and personally, meet new people, learn from the best professionals and work in a Spanish scale up with clients all over the world, then we are waiting for you!
*Please submit your application in English