Senior Software Engineer (Python)
We are looking for a Software Engineer with an analytical and creative mindset. Are you passionate about massive scalability and making our excellent technology available in international markets? Do you want to make meaningful contributions to Smart Protection’s success?
Smart Protection is an extremely complex logistical machine, and
you will be working on the core that powers it all. The platform
requires special attention on performance, given the complexity of the data structures and the number of requests the services are handling each day. You and your team will be responsible for well testing your code (unit tests, acceptance tests, integration tests, load tests, performance tests) and propose/implement performance improvements.
What you will do:
- Produce simple, maintainable codes and in the meanwhile always search for ways to improving it.
- Build distributed services with high availability and scalability requirements powering the heart of all Smart Protection products.
- Scale our backend to optimize for low latency and high throughput while running our algorithms against large datasets.
- Improve reliability, scalability, and performance of our services so they always meet their SLAs.
What you will need:
- Great software engineering skills
- Proven experience developing production applications in (preferably) Python or other similar languages like Go, Rust, Elixir.
- You can design and build stable and performant software.
- You write software that is easy for others to contribute to, is extensible, and maintainable.
- Experience in developing medium/large-scale web applications and distributed systems.
- Expertise with all phases of backend software development including data structures, complexity, best coding practices, architecture, testing.
- Depth of understanding and skill in software design and object-oriented architectures.
- Knowledge of database architectures, big data platform architecture, and caching solutions along with their integration points/strategies within complex software systems.
- Ability to work with uncertain requirements and to define and propose scoping, requirements, and development plans when necessary.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and contribute new and innovative ideas to support the product.
- You can give feedback freely and accept it graciously.
What do we offer?
- A continuously growing Spanish scale-up within a global playing field
23 different nationalities within an ambitious and always smiling team
- A lot of learning and development opportunities within a dynamic tech company in the purest Silicon Valley-style
- The possibility of making a serious impact on our product
- The opportunity to execute and implement your own ideas and initiatives
- Flexible schedule around 09:00 to 18:00 from Monday to Thursday and on Friday around 09:00 - 15:00
- And of course, a competitive salary
What’s it like to work at Smart Protection:
- Smart Protection is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Flexible remuneration: restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare, and childcare.
- If you want to grow professionally and personally, meet new people, learn from the best professionals and work in a Spanish scaleup with clients all over the world, then we are waiting for you!
- All the gear you need.
- Regular fun team events.
- And last but not least...free coffee, fruits & tea!
If you want to grow professionally and personally, meet new people, learn from the best professionals and work in a Spanish scale up with clients all over the world, then we are waiting for you!
*Please submit your application in English